Hire the Best Lawyer for your Slip & Fall Accident
Top Rated Premises Liability Law Firm
Premises Liability > Lawyer > The Best
All too frequently, accidents occur on someone else’s property, and their insurance company is held responsible. Fortunately, most accidents only result in modest physical damage and a major blow to the victim’s pride.
But what if these mishaps caused something worse, leaving victims with lifelong physical, mental, and financial consequences? These types of accidents are unfortunately common in the realm of premises liability.
You or a family member should not bear the burden of these difficult consequences alone if you or they were seriously wounded in a Colorado Springs premises liability accident. With the legal team at Warrior Injury Law on your side, you won’t have to worry about going it alone.
Since our Colorado Springs premises liability attorneys have dealt with countless such cases, we know what it takes to secure a favorable outcome for our clients in these cases.
Because of this, even though pursuing a premises liability claim in court can be a long and complicated process, our lawyers are here for you, prepared to pursue the maximum damages to which you are entitled.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN
THE BEST SLIP AND FALL INJURY LAWYERS IN COLORADO SPRINGS
When you’ve been seriously harmed in an accident, the stress of trying to figure out how to pay for your medical care can be overwhelming. At warrior injury law, our accident injury lawyers are here to be that reliable resource for you.
Our law office was founded to give injured people the individualized care and quality representation they need after suffering a personal injury. If you contact us after an accident, we’ll work closely with you to ensure your case is handled correctly and your needs are satisfied.
The accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law have always prioritized fighting hard for the compensation their clients deserve. To this end, we have secured multi-million dollar settlements and courtroom victories on their behalf. Our most recent verdicts include $939,000 for a rideshare accident and $3,200,000 for brain injury caused by a semi-truck.
- One estimate puts the cost of a motorbike accident that left several people seriously injured at $1,400,000.
- Towing and storage fees for a truck collision would cost about $1,750,000.
- Two herniated discs pressing on the spinal cord caused by a car accident cost the victim $1,580,000 in medical bills and lost wages, and the victim’s family received $1,000,000 for the victim’s wrongful death.
While we cannot promise that working with our accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law will result in a similar outcome in your case, we can guarantee that you will receive every dollar to which you are entitled.
EXAMPLES OF COMMON COLORADO SPRINGS PREMISES LIABILITY CASES
Injury sustained by a person due to a hazard or defect on another person’s property is known as “premises liability,” a legal concept. As a result, a wide variety of personal injury claims fall under the umbrella of “premises liability.”
Slip and fall accidents, defective premises, inadequate maintenance, icy surfaces, escalator and elevator mishaps, swimming pool mishaps, and dog bites are among the most prevalent causes of injury in public places.
Toxic chemicals or gases, inadequate security leading to assault or injury, fires, amusement park mishaps, water flooding or leaks, construction site accidents, and inadequate security on the premises.
You can see that the range of possible outcomes is quite large in these examples. In light of this reality, if you’ve been hurt in one of these accidents, you should seek the advice of a lawyer before filing a compensation claim.
Colorado Springs premises liability attorneys from warrior injury law accident injury lawyers may look into your case, help you figure out if you have a case, and go for the money you deserve.
IN THE AFTERMATH OF A COLORADO SPRINGS PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT, WHAT INJURIES DO PEOPLE TYPICALLY SUSTAIN?
Since incidents falling under the category of “premises liability,” such as dog bites and slip and falls, can’t be compared to one another, it stands to reason that the injuries sustained in these cases would also vary widely.
Injuries sustained in a premises liability accident can vary from mild bruising and scrapes to catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury.
- Injuries to the head and neck,
- as well as the spinal column,
- Scarring cuts Concussions
- Broken or fractured bones,
- soft tissue injuries,
- sprains, paralysis,
- and death can all result from blunt force trauma.
A Colorado Springs premises liability attorney should be consulted immediately following any kind of accident in which you were injured due to the negligence of others. Our legal team at Warrior Injury Law Accident Injury Lawyers will fight to ensure you get the care you need and that the people who caused your injuries to pay for it.
TIPS FOR WINNING A PREMISES LIABILITY CASE IN COLORADO SPRINGS
In Colorado, the following elements must be proven for a premises liability claim to be successful:
- The plaintiff (victim) was entitled to a duty of care from the defendant (at-fault party),
- the defendant (at-fault party) breached this obligation,
- the plaintiff was injured as a result of the defendant’s actions,
- and the plaintiff suffered substantial damages as a result of the defendant’s actions.
In a premises liability case, the defendant’s duty to the plaintiff typically depends on the plaintiff’s status at the time of the incident that gave rise to the lawsuit.
Examples of these types of groups are:
- A licensee is a person who has been granted permission to enter private property. But this someone has come to the property solely for their gain (such as a social guest). So, the owner’s sole obligation is to warn the licensee about any potentially hazardous conditions that the owner is aware of, but the licensee might not be. The owner of the property can also remedy the unsafe conditions.
- A person is considered an invitee if they enter the land with the owner’s knowledge and permission for the mutual benefit of both parties (store customers). The host has the highest duty of care toward these guests. As a result, they are entitled to be informed of any hazards the owner is aware of or should have been aware of based on a reasonable inspection. In the alternative, the proprietor may take measures to eliminate the potential for harm.
- Trespassers: someone who enters someone else’s property without their consent or knowledge is a trespasser. These owners’ only obligation to a trespasser is to take reasonable precautions to prevent the trespasser from being injured due to the owner’s wanton, intentional, or grossly negligent conduct.
Determining your precise categorization at the moment of injury might become convoluted. As soon as possible after sustaining injuries in a premises liability accident, you should get in touch with the attorneys at warrior injury law accident injury lawyers. We have Colorado Springs premises liability attorneys that can help you establish your status at the time of the incident and whether or not you have a case.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU’VE BEEN IN A COLORADO SPRINGS PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT
Your health and legal rights may depend on your steps after a premises liability accident. Therefore, dial 911 immediately if you have an accident on private property in Colorado Springs.
It might be required to dial 911 depending on the specifics of the crash. This is the quickest way to alert emergency services that you’re in trouble and get an official record of your accident.
When the police show up, they’ll conduct an investigation and document their findings in a report. If you decide to file a claim for damages after an accident, the information in the police report will be invaluable.
DO NOT DISTURB THE SITUATION; TAKE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF THE EFFECT
You should take as many photos and films as possible at the accident scene. Take pictures of the hazardous area, your injuries, and anything else that can help prove what happened on the site. If your injuries prevent you from doing so, have a bystander, member of your family, or close friend shoot the photos for you.
Don’t forget to collect contact information from potential eyewitnesses at the scene. Having eyewitness comments can bolster your case and give you crucial information about the incident.
Don’t try to coerce these witnesses into telling you anything they don’t want to. Lawyers that specialize in premises liability in Colorado Springs may be able to help you collect this evidence.
CALL FOR HEALTH CARE AT ONCE
You should still go see a doctor even if you don’t think your injuries are that serious. For example, trauma to the head or brain may not show any symptoms for several days or weeks.
Unfortunately, these problems can grow much more dangerous the longer you wait to get them checked properly. These considerations highlight the importance of getting medical attention after being involved in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence (premises responsibility).
Furthermore, it is often crucial to your injury case that you get prompt medical attention. There is a chance that the insurance company would hunt for any excuse to reject your claim.
If you wait to see a doctor after an accident, the insurance company may claim that your injuries aren’t all that serious or were caused by something else. The good news is that a doctor’s written report detailing their findings from an examination can indicate that your injuries were caused by accident.
RECORD AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE REGARDING THE INCIDENT
Afterwards, it’s important to retain track of all documents associated with your Colorado Springs premises liability incident, including medical bills and police and hospital reports. You should also keep a journal in which you detail everything that transpired.
Recollections of the incident often fade with time. While your memory is still fresh, writing down what happened as soon as possible after the event will allow you to keep important details from the occurrence safe.
Don’t forget to detail the level of your pain and suffering, how you’re feeling, what medical care you’re receiving, how your daily routine has changed because of this injury, and anything else you believe is important to record in this notebook.
Speak carefully when interacting with others.
Following a premises liability accident, your words carry extra weight. This implies you shouldn’t make any final pronouncements about what happened, admit fault, or provide an apology. Avoid sending any messages that could damage your claim or the amount of compensation you could obtain.
F.A.Q. ABOUT PROPERTY LIABILITY IN COLORADO SPRINGS
Premises liability accidents are a common occurrence in Colorado Springs, unfortunately. An accident anywhere—a slip and fall in the supermarket or a dog bite at a friend’s house—can leave you with serious injuries and astronomical medical bills that will affect you and your loved ones.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Colorado Springs premises liability accident, you have the right to know your legal options. As a result, the legal team at Warrior Injury Law Accident Injury Lawyers has explained some of the more frequent concerns our clients have about premises liability.
Get in touch with us immediately for the tailored advice and information you require to obtain the compensation and justice you are owed.
1. FIRST OF ALL, WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MOST FREQUENT CAUSES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN COLORADO SPRINGS?
When one individual slips, trips, and falls on another person’s property, the resulting premises liability case is typically simpler than those involving animal attacks, fires, and explosions.
This mishap, however, may be brought on by a wide variety of factors, such as:
- Surfaces that are slick with oil or water
- Damaged or faulty stairways
- Icy conditions on roadways, walkways, and parking lots
- Unfastened carpets
Dangers include: broken sidewalks, steps, floors, or staircases; loose or tangled wires; and wet.
Accident injury lawyers from warrior injury law should be contacted without delay if a slip and fall accident has left you with injuries. Suppose you were injured in a slip and fall in Colorado Springs.
In that case, our attorneys specializing in premises liability can conduct a prompt investigation to determine what happened and who is at fault.
2. CAN I TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE PROPERTY OWNER IF MY CHILD WAS INJURED WHILE TRESPASSING AND CAUSED THE ACCIDENT?
Children injured while trespassing on private property in Colorado may be entitled to compensation under the state’s ” attractive nuisance ” law. Injuries sustained by minors due to a property owner’s failure to remove a hazard or fix a condition that invites such visitors are often the property owner’s responsibility. Construction machinery, gravel pits, and even swimming pools can fall under this category.
To quote the doctrine of “attractive nuisance”:
- Dangerous situations are not recognized as such by children.
- Anyone can see how a kid could accidentally wander onto their property.
- Owners of buildings and other parcels of land may be held legally responsible for injuries incurred by minors on their property if certain rules are broken.
To prevent children from having access to these hazards, it is the property owner’s responsibility to take precautions such as installing barriers or locking doors.
Nonetheless, it’s important to remember that many elements determine the validity of an attractive nuisance claim in Colorado. As a result, if your child was hurt while trespassing and you live in Colorado Springs, you may want to consult with a lawyer specializing in premises liability.
Accident injury attorneys at warrior injury law can evaluate your child’s accident, advise you on whether or not they have a case, and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation to which they are entitled.
3. IF I WAS INJURED WHILE WORKING ON A HOUSE IN COLORADO SPRINGS, COULD I SUE THE HOMEOWNER?
Suppose an independent contractor is injured on the property where the work is being done. In that case, the property owner is not responsible under Colorado law unless both of the following conditions are met:
- the land or property owner is in control of the work to be performed, other than allowing the work to start and stop or inspecting the progress of the work; and
- the land or property owner had actual knowledge of the danger or the condition that resulted in the injury and failed to adequately warn the contractor.
Contact the accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law if you were hurt while working on a Colorado Springs home as a contractor and want to find out if you have a case against the property owners and what legal recourses are available.
4. HOW MUCH MONEY AM I ENTITLED TO AFTER A COLORADO SPRINGS PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT?
Injuries sustained in a Colorado Springs premises liability accident that was not the victim’s fault may entitle them to financial relief. These benefits in Colorado consist of:
Expenses related to medical care (past, present, and future) and treatment (consultations with doctors, emergency department visits, hospitalization, drugs, and surgery) are examples of economic damages.
- The loss of income and/or future earnings.
- Maintenance of private property
- Expenses from your pocket,
- like home nursing care or replacement services, must be accounted for.
Known as “non-economic damages,” these monetary payouts are given out for things like “pain and suffering” that are difficult to put a price on.
- Suffering on a mental and/or emotional level.
- Companionship loss
- Separation from the social group.
- There will be a decline in one’s quality of life.
- A ding to one’s good name.
- Amputation is a common consequence.
Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for his or her wrongdoing and to serve as a deterrent to others so that they will not repeat their behaviour.
However, in Colorado, punitive damages are only possible if the plaintiff can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was intentionally fraudulent or malicious in causing the plaintiff’s harm. Therefore, the courts only give out such compensation in extraordinary circumstances.
5. WHO MAY SUE FOR DAMAGES AT THE PREMISES IN COLORADO SPRINGS?
Any person who suffers an injury while on the property of another can pursue a claim for premises liability if they feel the defendant’s wrongdoing or negligence caused their injuries.
The only time this doesn’t apply is if the wounded party was a trespasser. If a trespasser is wounded on private property, they cannot sue the owner for damages unless the owner is acting recklessly or maliciously.
You should contact the accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law if you are injured on someone else’s property in Colorado Springs. Give our legal staff a chance to evaluate your case and advise you on the next steps.
6. IF A LOVED ONE OF MINE DIES IN COLORADO SPRINGS ON THE PROPERTY OF ANOTHER PERSON, WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
When someone is killed on another person’s property in Colorado, their surviving loved ones can file a wrongful death suit to seek compensation for their losses (such as funeral costs, loss of companionship, and lost wages). There are, however, prerequisites that must be completed to file a valid wrongful death claim.
That’s why it’s important to hire a Colorado Springs premises liability lawyer if a family member was killed in an accident on someone else’s property. Your family deserves the financial recovery that these attorneys can assist secure, and they can help you discover what happened and who is responsible for the tragedy.
7. I WAS INJURED IN A COLORADO SPRINGS BUSINESS; HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIM?
Each jurisdiction has its statute of limitations law that specifies how long an individual has to bring suit after alleged wrongdoing. These people have a limited window of opportunity to seek legal recourse for their injuries; if they fail, they will be barred from doing so and have no chance of receiving compensation.
In Colorado, you have two years from your injury to submit a claim for damages. There are a few loopholes. However, that might extend or shorten the statute of limitations filing a lawsuit under this rule. For this reason, it is recommended that you seek the advice of a lawyer.
Please get in touch with the accident injury attorneys at Warrior Injury Law as soon as possible. All legal motions and paperwork must be properly drafted and filed within the applicable time limit, which our premises liability attorneys can ascertain for you.
8. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGES WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS ON YOUR COLORADO SPRINGS PROPERTY?
You may be able to hold many parties responsible for your injuries sustained in a Colorado Springs premises liability accident. Every homeowner must ensure that their property is safe for their tenants, customers, and other visitors.
As a result, these landowners may be held responsible for any injuries sustained on their property:
- Those who own a city pool may be homeowners, business owners, or the government.
- In some cases, renters may also include property managers and tenants.
9. SHOULD I SPEAK WITH THE PROPERTY OWNER’S INSURANCE COMPANY IF I’VE BEEN INJURED ON THEIR PREMISES IN COLORADO SPRINGS AND THEY’VE CALLED TO INQUIRE ABOUT A POSSIBLE CLAIM?
Do not give statements to the owner’s insurance company before consulting with an experienced premises liability lawyer. To make matters worse, insurance companies are not always on your side. They operate like a business and, like any other, seek to maximize their profits.
The insurance company’s primary concern may be discouraging you from providing evidence that supports your claim or bolstering their case for paying you less than you deserve.
Due to this, you should consult an attorney before talking to the property owner’s insurance company. Have an attorney handle these discussions on your behalf if you choose.
When you retain the services of the accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law, we will take over communications with the insurance company and work to reach a fair resolution on your behalf, even if you made any statements that could have hurt the value of your claim.
10. HOW CAN THE LAW FIRM OF WARRIOR INJURY LAW ACCIDENT HELP ME IF I WAS INVOLVED IN A PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT IN COLORADO SPRINGS? WHAT CAN MY INJURY ATTORNEY DO FOR ME?
To get compensation for injuries sustained in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property, you’ll need to demonstrate that the defendant was at fault by presenting convincing facts and persuasive legal arguments. Good news: you don’t have to handle this intricate legal battle alone.
- When you hire the attorneys at Warrior Injury Law Accident Injury Lawyers to handle your Colorado Springs premises liability accident, we can do the following for you: • Review the facts of your accident, evaluate whether or not you have a case, and lay out your alternatives for moving forward with a claim.
- To ensure you know what to expect from the legal process, we’ll go over your questions and concerns in detail.
- Help us gather the evidence we’ll need to prove fault and damages in your Colorado Springs premises liability accident with a thorough investigation.
- Take care of all communication with the insurer and pursue a reasonable settlement on your behalf.
- Experts in cause and effect, liability, and damages should be consulted.
- If the other party is unwilling to bargain in good faith and vigorously pursue a favourable outcome to your premises liability claim, you should take your case to trial.
ASK A COLORADO SPRINGS PROPERTY DAMAGE ATTORNEY FOR HELP
ATTORNEY JEREMY D. EARLE SPECIALIZES IN PREMISES LIABILITY. JD
Cases involving premises liability are notorious for their complexity, indifference, and difficulty in proof. Thank goodness, with the help of a Colorado Springs premises liability attorney, you can secure the representation you need to assert your rights and pursue the utmost compensation to which you are entitled.
Suppose these attorneys take your case and find merit in it. In that case, they will investigate your accident, gather the information necessary to demonstrate fault and damages and construct the strongest case possible on your behalf to pursue the compensation and justice you are owed.
Do not hesitate to seek the advice of counsel if you or a loved one has been hurt in a Colorado Springs premises liability accident. Get in touch with the accident injury lawyers at Warrior Injury Law by calling our office at 719-300-1100 or visiting us online for a free evaluation of your case and to learn more about how we can help you achieve the financial compensation you need.
FREE CASE REVIEW
We are standing by ready, willing, and able to help you. You can schedule a free consultation here on our website, or give us a call and talk to us. Whatever you prefer, we will accomodate you!